Click the picture below to go to the webpage to watch the Symbolon video–Catholic Social Teaching Part I
9 – Catholic Social Teaching: Building a Civilization of Love
We will look at the Church’s social teaching and how we can share this powerful guidance with the people we encounter in our daily lives.
Which two basic principles are at the center of Catholic social teaching?
The common good and the dignity of the human person who is made in the image and likeness of God.
What is the “common good”?
Concern for the objective well-being of all people
What are the Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching?
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Care for God’s Creation